Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rosemarkie is done!

Rosemarkie is done! by BlueDragon2
Rosemarkie is done!, a photo by BlueDragon2 on Flickr.

After 2 years and 2 days, Rosemarkie is cast off! Now to tie knots, cut or weave in yarn ends, wash and block her. I thought I had already bought buttons for her but will have to go shopping later this week for some. Now to decide which WIP to focus on next.

Potato Peel Tea Cosy finished!

Shaped the top to allow room for the ball on the top of the teapot. My students yesterday asked me to redo it with steeks for a class project.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Steek crocheted and stitches picked up for first armhole ribbing on my Rosemarkie vest - yippee!

Crocheting armhole steek on Rosemarkie vest.

Got all three large steeks crocheted tonight, I'll do the back neck one when I'm ready to do the front band. I'm so happy to finally be at this point - I had several small projects to make and they slowed me down on finishing this vest. At breakfast today I finished the first of DH's Valentine's Day socks. I can wait until I get Rosemarkie done to do the second one. I'm doing the top decreases on the Guernsey Tea Cosy and trying a different decrease pattern so a couple more days and that project will be done as well. It feels really good to get these projects finished and off into the world!

I also got quite a bit of knitting done today on my Tracy's Sirkler cardigan while we traveled to Portland to visit my Mom. I'm now on the second large circle and still enjoying knitting this sweater.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Guernsey Tea Cosy

Guernsey Tea Cosy by BlueDragon2
Guernsey Tea Cosy, a photo by BlueDragon2 on Flickr.

Just doing the top decreases, I'm trying something new so this part isn't in the pattern yet.

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Finally found the name for the Mill End - Petroglyphs.

The yarn is becoming Valentine's Day socks for DH.

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Guernsey Tea Cosy

Guernsey Tea Cosy by BlueDragon2
Guernsey Tea Cosy, a photo by BlueDragon2 on Flickr.

I'm designing this to use up some of the yarns left over from the Guernsey Potato Peel Hat KAL at Tangled Purls yarn shop.

Squirrelly Swedish Mittens, right mitten finished.

Ran out of one color last night halfway up the left thumb so I washed and blocked the right mitten to take to the shop today. Got up today and found a bit of left over Green Mist so I can finish left mitten today. Only one mitten goes on display at the shop so I'm fine doing it this way. Now I need to whip out a tea cozy and write the pattern to pass out at the KAL get together next Saturday. It's to use up some leftover yarns from the Guernsey Potato Peel Hat project.